Working with us at MAN Energy Solutions Japan
The mission of MAN Energy Solutions Japan is to serve the specific needs of the Japanese ship owners-, shipbuilding-, power companies and the oil & gas markets. Our head office is located near to the historic port of Yokohama. Our dedicated team of around 30 people provide technical support, spare parts, engines, turbomachinery, turbocharger and exhaust gas treatment solutions to the Japanese market. Further, we support our licensees in order for them to serve the market.
With two strategically located workshops in Sasebo and Kobe MAN Energy Solutions Japan is shaped to serve the most diverse marine, energy and industrial applications.
We are a team that strives to have a corporate culture and a flexible working environment. MAN Energy Solutions offers great opportunities to develop and grow on a professional and personal level. We also offer great employment benefits such as teleworking and flexible working time, along with complete social insurance and welfare programs.
We look for energetic and keen people, excited to join a dynamic international company, ready to contribute with their skills and expertise to the “Future in the making”.
Current job opportunities
MAN Energy Solutions Japan is currently searching for a Service Engineers/ Mechanics respinsible for the repair, installation, adjustment or maintaining diesel engine equipment including two stroke engines, four stroke engines, turbochargers, fuel injection valves and associated equipment. Working with best engineering practice, this position will see you responsible for:
- Trouble shooting and pinpointing of mechanical and electronic failures of 2-Stroke, 4 stoke engines and turbochargers
- Execute overhauls, maintenance works and repair work
- Organize, lead and manage work teams and related activities before and during work execution
- Interact with the customers during the work execution and offer best solutions
- Prepare lists of required work materials, spare parts and tools for each job. Assist with and/or prepare quotations and preparation of invoice and documentation
- Provide internal and external service work reports including conclusions/recommendations and documentation on executed work
- Advise customers concerning operation and maintenance of 2-Stroke, 4 stoke engines and turbochargers
- Bachelor/master in ship operation technology, marine engineer or similar
- Previous experience in engine and associated equipment overhaul, maintenance and repair
- Hands on mentality, must have strong team player qualities
- Ability to travel within Japan and east Asia as required
- English language skills required, Japanese as a strong plus
- Seafaring time and good basic knowledge about MAN 2-stroke and/or 4-stroke engines would be highly regarded
Interested applicants who meet the necessary criteria are encouraged to send their email application together with resume and cover letter by clicking the contact us link below.
What you should know about us
MAN Energy Solutions enables its customers to achieve sustainable value creation in the transition towards a carbon neutral future. Addressing tomorrow's challenges within the marine, energy and industrial sectors, we improve efficiency and performance at a systematic level. Leading the way in advanced engineering for more than 250 years, we provide a unique portfolio of technologies. Headquartered in Germany, MAN Energy Solutions employs around 15,000 people at over 120 sites globally. Our after sales brand, MAN PrimeServ offers a vast network of service centers to our customers all over the world.
We can offer you the following tasks
As a member of the strong growing MAN PrimeServ Marine and Power Team in Japan you will be responsible to grow the retrofit and upgrade market in a promising environment offering the customers enhanced solutions to manage the ongoing maritime energy transition.
- sales responsibility for Japan
- answer and clarify technical questions from customers related to Retrofit.
- create quotation based on customer inquiries
- prepare and conduct customer visits and promote retrofits and upgrades
- quotation follow up for status on open quotation and sales
- participation in exhibitions and seminars
- report sales status to the Regional Sales Manager for IGC in Product Center, Denmark.
You can help us with these qualifications
- We are looking for a person with extensive sales experience, preferably from within the marine industry combined with a strong technical background. The candidate could be Marine engineer, mechanical engineer or similar
- You are proactive, self-driven and have a structured and quality-oriented approach to your assignments. You are result-oriented, possess excellent networking skills and have the ability to interface at all levels in a dynamic environment. Furthermore, you have good English skills both orally and in writing.
- Experience in the Japanese business environment and/or Japanese language skills as a strong plus
That is important to us
Integrity and compliance are essential elements of our corporate culture. We firmly support diversity and equal opportunities and are therefore looking forward to receiving a diverse range of online applications. Just click on "contact us" and start your career with us.