Workshop at MAN Energy Solutions Qatar
Our state-of-the-art workshop, which opened in 2016, is the largest workshop outside-Europe within MAN Energy Solutions with an area of 5,000 m2. Our modern facility is specialized in servicing and reconditioning of various main and auxiliary diesel engine components such as exhaust valve spindles and all kinds of governors and electronic fuel injection systems. In addition, we are a worldwide service center for overhauling all types of FIVA valves utilized in our MAN electronic engines, the service hub for all types of MAN turbochargers and an authorized MET service provider.
Service work on board and in our modern workshop for diesel engines and industrial repairs in Ras Laffan, Qatar, is carried out by a team of highly qualified superintendents and mechanics. Our technical team has been officially trained in the overhaul of MAN engines and has excellent experience repairing important third-party two-stroke and four-stroke engines. MAN Energy Solutions has set up a comprehensive organization called PrimeServ Omnicare, headquartered in the Netherlands. As part of Omnicare, we offer technical support, maintenance service and OEM spare parts for major third-party equipment (Non MAN) such as Sulzer, Wartsila, Niigata, Yanmar, MTU, Caterpillar, Cummins and Perkins as well as MET, ABB. Napier, Holset, Garret and IHI turbochargers on a case-by-case basis or under a long-term service contract. Our turbocharger workshop is equipped with two balancing machines with which rotors up to 1,500 kg can be dynamically balanced. We are an authorized repair agent for Woodward regulators and Mitsubishi turbochargers (MET). MAN original spare parts are used for all service work.
Technical services offered
Our technical services in workshop, harbor and voyage are carried out by our dedicated specialized service team comprising of factory trained superintendents, engineers and technicians.
- Overhauling & troubleshooting services for all MAN two-stroke & four-stroke marine propulsion, marine auxiliary, industrial engine models an for major third-party two- & four-stroke diesel engines
- Overhauling, reconditioning and servicing of the following two-stroke and four-stroke marine engine parts and components including:
- Cylinder heads, Cylinder liners wave cutting and honing in-situ and in our workshop
- Exhaust valve spindles and Bottom pieces
- MAN and Curtiss-Wright multiway valves (FIVA I,FIVA II, ELFI and ELVA) (reconditioning, re-calibration, full-scale testing and simulation of the performance)
- Fuel pumps, Fuel injectors, Moment compensators
- Hydraulic oil pumps, Heat exchangers (jacket water, lube oil, scavenge air coolers)
- High-pressure pipes
- Lubrication oil pumps,
- Alpha lubricators
- Fresh water pumps.
Governor and electronic fuel injection systems:
- Governor and actuator overhaul: Woodward products authorized service center, Regulateurs Europa independent service provider Yanmar and Zexel governors
- Pneumatic maneuvering systems overhaul
- Automation systems such as Sacos One, Alphatronic propulsion control systems troubleshooting and overhaul
- Scavenge port inspection including inspection of liners, pistons, piston rings etc.
- Cylinder liner measurement with cylinder head mounted
- Cylinder liner wear monitoring
- Cylinder liner wear ridge removal on-board to ease piston pullouts
- Turbocharger services: Mitsubishi turbochargers authorized service center MAN, ABB, Honeywell Garret and Holset turbochargers overhaul, Turbocharger exchange program, Turbocharger retrofit solutions
Annual maintenance service:
- Basic annual service package as detailed on the enclosed leaflet
- Extended annual service package as detailed on the enclosed leaflet
- Industrial repair services, including welding, heat treatment, machining, dynamic and static balancing, laser shaft alignment, vibration measurement and analysis, grit blasting, ultrasound and chemical cleaning, and heat exchanger (water, lube oil, charge-air coolers) cleaning and maintenance
- LTSA (Long-Term Service Agreement) for maintaining your MAN marine propulsion, auxiliary and industrial engines to the highest level of standards
- Pre-docking inspection including inspection and precision measurement of critical engine parts, and making evaluations and recommendations
- Dry-docking supervision